Wine Pick Up Policy
- Pick-up Orders
- Wine must be picked up within 30 days of the receipt of the Wine Club order ready email
- Person picking up the order must be 21+ and have government issued ID available upon request
- Wine Dispensary will not release wine to anyone that is not the member or member’s spouse without prior communication and confirmation
- If wine is not picked-up within the allotted time, Wine Dispensary reserves the right to issue a re-stocking fee of $10 at any time
- Wines will be available for pick up on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the third week of every month. You will receive an email when wine is ready for pick up
Wine Dispensary reserves the right to cancel membership for any member that is repeatedly unable to receive/pick up their wine.
Your card will charged on the same day every month based on the date in which you subscribed to our wine club membership.
If the card is rejected and payment fails, we will attempt to re-run the card two weeks from the original charge date. After the second charge attempt and payment does not go through, we will contact you directly to discuss alternate payment options for the affected month.
If payment is not received within 30-days of the original charge date, Wine Dispensary reserves the right to cancel your membership and collect money for any wines received. In the event money has not been received within 45-days Wine Dispensary reserves the right to send all outstanding charges to collections.
If card charges fail twice within a 6-month period, Wine Dispensary reserves the right to cancel your membership, and collect money for any wines received.
In the event your card is mischarged, please contact us directly at email@example.com or 303.832.8007 and we will do our best to resolve the issue immediately. Mischarges will only be addressed within 6-months of the mischarge date.
Sales tax is assessed at 8% billed on top of the monthly membership fee.
Subscription Cancellations or Suspensions
Members may cancel or suspend their subscriptions at any time without penalty. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.832.8007 to cancel your subscription. Both cancellations and subscriptions require a 30-day notification. The 30-days is based on your card charge date. If the request is made after your charge date you will receive that months wine box and be billed for it appropriately. Click here to cancel or suspend your membership.
Wine Dispensary does not offer refunds for any product partially or fully consumed. If you need to return your wine club wines for any reason, please return within two weeks of receipt – we will be happy to refund your monthly billing and adjust your subscription as needed. Proof of purchase or purchase date is required to receive a full refund.
All returned products must be in mint condition. Wine Dispensary will not accept bottles with damaged labels or damage to the overall packaging.
If you are looking to replace a flawed bottle of wine please see our policy on flawed wine (see below) and our policy on bottle replacement (see below).
Flawed Wine Policy
We do our best to source wine from the best producers and distributors, and house wine ourselves at the proper temperatures, however there are some circumstances that are beyond our control. If you receive a wine in your monthly box that fits the below descriptions, we are happy to replace the bottle with the same label. If the same label wine is not available at the time any of these issues are brought to our attention, we will attempt to order the exact wine or offer another bottle of wine of equal value.
- Corked, i.e TCA - Trichloroanisole, Cork Taint
- Corked wines will smell like wet dog, wet cardboard, or dirty socks. This is a flaw that occurs at the winery level and cannot be discovered until the wine is opened, smelled and/or tasted. Drinking or consuming a corked wine does not pose as a health risk.
- A wine that has been infected with TCA can be smelled/detected at any stage of the ‘open life’ (the life of the wine after it has been opened) of the wine. As a result, if you are returning a bottle due to TCA we will inspect the wine to confirm before replacing.
- Secondary Fermentation (not related to sparkling wine)
- Sometimes there is residual sugar in the wine after bottling that begins to re-ferment. Secondary fermentation will be indicated by tiny bubbles present in the wine when they are not supposed to be, it can also be indicated when a wine is opened and there is a slight hissing sound in wines that are again, not supposed to be bubbly.
- Please note that some winemakers choose to utilize secondary fermentation as a style such as in Vinho Verde or Gruner Veltliner, as a result this is not considered a flaw in the wine.
- We are happy to replace a wine if it has undergone secondary fermentation, or upon opening and discovering this wine is a little extra bubbly you decant and shake rigorously to essentially dissolve the bubbles.
- Drinking or consuming a wine that has under gone secondary fermentation does not pose as a health risk.
- Cooked Wine, Heat & Light Damage
- If a wine has not been stored properly, between 50 – 55F, it will smell jammy in a sweet but processed way – similar to a wine reduction with a nutty aroma or vinegar.
- As mentioned previously, we store our wines at proper temperature, but sometimes things happen in the distribution level of wine.
- A wine that has been exposed to heat (this includes significant exposure to light) can be smelled/detected at any stage of the ‘open life’ (the life of the wine after it has been opened) of the wine. As a result, if you are returning a bottle due to heat damage, we will inspect the wine to confirm before replacing. Wines with heat damage will only be replaced up to 6 months after the purchase/delivery. A receipt or purchase date must be presented at the time of replacement ask.
- Drinking or consuming a wine that has experienced heat damage does not pose as a health risk.
- Volatile Acidity, Acetic Acid
- Not always a flaw, sometimes this is a winemaker’s stylistic choice. Volatile Acidity is a high presence of Acetic Acid. In high quality wine production, the extra boost of Acetic Acid will taste like balsamic vinaigrette.
- Wine Dispensary thoroughly vets all the wine that you will receive in your box. If there is a wine selected that contains Volatile Acidity (VA) it is most likely a stylistic choice, that Wine Dispensary believes enhances or reflects the true style of the wine.
- In the case the VA is not a stylistic choice for with winemaker and the wine is experiencing VA, Wine Dispensary will replace the bottle with the same label or another bottle of equal value if the original label is not available at the time of ask.
- Drinking or consuming a wine that shows signs of VA does not pose as a health risk (please note this is not medical advice and Wine Dispensary does not act as a doctor. If you are concerned please contact your doctor).
- Oxidation occurs with the wine is exposed to too much oxygen. Typically, you will experience oxidized wine after the wine has been open for more than 3 days (depending on the type and style of wine). Occasionally, wine will be exposed to oxygen while still bottled.
- A wine will show symptoms of being exposed to oxygen in the bottle if the cork leaks. Meaning wine actually leaks out the top of the bottle through the cork, or when you open the wine you will notice streaks of wine moving up the cork.
- Please have the original bottle and cork present when asking for a replacement.
- The below is a wine component that is not considered a flaw, and as a result, any bottles with this component will be not be replaced:
- Tartrate Crystals
- Tartrate crystals look like little glass shards sitting at the bottom of your bottle. These crystals are mineral precipitates that form in the presence of a high mineral unfiltered wine.
- Wine Dispensary suggests not consuming these crystals, but rather decanting the wine and leaving the sediment/crystals in the bottle.
- Tartrate Crystals
Bottle Replacement Policy
Wine is a living breathing product that is delicate and subject to its location. As a result, wine is not a finite product, and we cannot treat it as such. We have bottle replacement policy that we believe is fair to everyone, both you and us. As a result, we will only replace flawed bottles (see the flawed bottle policy (see above), with the exception of heat/light damaged wines within one year of purchase. Heat and light damaged bottles will be only be replaced before the six-month mark after purchase date.
Receipt, or purchase date, and both the true original wine, in its original packaging (including the cork/closure), must be presented when requesting a replacement.
If the wine is less than three-fourths full when presented to be exchanged, Wine Dispensary will not accept the bottle.
Wine Dispensary will first exchange the bottle with the same label wine if available, in some cases the wine may need to be ordered. In the case the original wine is not available, Wine Dispensary will offer a bottle of equal value.
Wine Dispensary will not exchange or replace any wine that is not flawed. Wine Dispensary reserves the right to refuse placement of any bottle at any time.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. All information collected when you sign up for our wine club is privately recorded and will not be sold to third parties.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-standard security procedures to assist in the protection of your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Please note that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with information and in the event of a breach, we will notify you immediately.
Please note that you, not Wine Dispensary, are responsible for the compliance of all local, state, and federal laws regarding alcohol purchase and consumption.
If any of the Terms and Conditions outlined above are determined by jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the such provisions will be construed to reflect the intentions of each party involved. The provisions associated with the prior statement do not affect any other provision(s), all other provision(s) will remain in full effect. The failure of Wine Dispensary to enforce any right or provision in these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of those rights/provisions, unless Wine Dispensary provides written and notarized acknowledgment.
The Terms and Conditions above comprises the full agreement between you and Wine Dispensary, superseding all prior negotiations, discussions, or agreements, if any, between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to only yourself and Wine Dispensary llc, they cannot be transferred, assigned, or delegated to anyone without the express written and notarized permission of Wine Dispensary. Any attempt by you to assign, transfer, or delegate these Terms and Conditions without the express written permission of our company shall be null and void. In the event of a death, Wine Dispensary will refund monthly credit card charges and any other outside fees associated with this Wine Dispensary Wine Club for wine that was not received. These Terms and Conditions will inure to the benefit of our company’s successors, assigns, and licensors.
By signing up for our wine club you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions outlined above.